All applicants must meet all of the following criteria as of the last day of the program period to be considered eligible for the 2023 The Taco Bell Foundation 2023 Live Más Scholarship Program for Taco Bell Restaurant Employees:
- A legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”), who is at least 16 years of age and no older than 26 years of age and located within the United States or D.C.;
- An employee in good standing of Taco Bell of America, LLC, Taco Bell Corp. or any of its franchisees or licensees, with a minimum of 30 days of continuous employment by such entity as of the last day of the Program Period;
- Employed in a restaurant position (Team Member, Trainer, Shift Leader, Assistant General Manager, or Restaurant General Manager, etc.) (“Restaurant Position”);
- On-track to apply for (pending receipt of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent) or currently enrolled in an accredited post-high school/post-secondary educational program (including accredited two- and four-year colleges, universities, vocational-technical, and trade schools);
- Has not previously received a Live Más Scholarship; and
- Prior Live Más Scholarship winners may apply to the Live Más Scholarship Renewal Program.
See Terms & Conditions for the complete eligibility requirements.
USE OF SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS
FOR MINORS AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Q: What is the Live Más Scholarship for Restaurant Employees?
- A: This scholarship is for students(ages 16-26) who are passionate about creating a better future and making a positive impact on their community. This is not needs or achievement based; it is a passion-based scholarship program.
- Q: When does the application open?
- The application phase is open from 8:00 a.m. PST, November 1, 2022 to 5:00 p.m. PST, January 11, 2023.
- A: When will recipients be notified?
- Recipients will be announced on or about April 25, 2023.
- Q: Does it cost money to apply?
- A: No, applications are free.
- Q: How do I apply?
- A: Submit an original video that tells us the story of your real, driving passion. It could be a short film, animation or just a simple testimonial. Your video must be a maximum of 2 minutes (minimum of 30 seconds in length) and must be no larger than 250 MB to ensure it’s easy to upload to the application. See Terms & Conditions for additional Application Guidelines.
- Q: Do you accept mail-in submissions?
- A: No, you must submit your application through the “Apply” link on www.LiveMasScholarship.com/employee when the application phase is open.
- Q: My friend and I want to create a joint video—can we apply together?
- A: No. Each applicant must submit their own application and video.
- Q: I missed the deadline; can I still apply?
- A: In order to be fair to all applicants, we do not accept applications submitted after the application deadline. Please be sure to start and submit your application early as to avoid missing the January 11, 2023 deadline.
- Q: I’m already enrolled in college. Am I still eligible to apply for the Live Más Scholarship?
- A: Yes, as long as you are within the age range of 16 to 26 and meet the eligibility guidelines outlined in the Terms and Conditions, you may apply. If selected, you may use the funds at your current accredited two or four-year college, university, vocational-technical, and/or trade school.
- Q: Is this scholarship just for employees?
- A: The Live Más Scholarship is available for both Taco Bell restaurant employees and non-employees. If you are not a Taco Bell restaurant employee, visit LiveMasScholarship.com for more information.
- Q: I previously won a Live Más Scholarship, can I apply again?
- A: Yes, we have a Live Más Scholarship Renewal program for our previous Live Más Scholarship recipients. However, prior awards must be used or substantially depleted (75% or more) before the 2023 Selection Period. You can receive four Live Más Scholarships maximum. Click here to learn more!
- Q: What types of files can I submit?
- A: Videos must be in English. Videos must be no larger than 250 MB, maximum two (2) minutes in length and minimum 30-seconds in length.
- Q: I completed an application, but I want to change my video. Can I resubmit?
- A: No, you will not be able to delete or edit your video after submitting your application. All video submissions are considered final.
- Q: Are there rules about what can’t go in my video?
- A: You may not include any obscenity, crude language, violence, derogatory language of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, or anything of an inappropriate or illegal nature. See Section 4 within the Terms & Conditions for additional Application Guidelines.
- Q: Can I show other people in my video?
- A: You may not include other people in your video without permission. See Section 4 within the Terms & Conditions for additional Application Guidelines.
- Q: Can I wear clothing with visible logos in the video?
- A: You may not include other logos, brands or products owned by others in your video without permission. See Section 4 within the Terms & Conditions for additional Application Guidelines.
- Q: Can I use music in my video?
- A: You may not use music that is copyrighted and owned by a third party without permission. All music must be your original work or in the public domain. See Section 4 within the Terms & Conditions for additional Application Guidelines.
USE OF SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS
- Q: What can the scholarship be used for in my education program?
- A: The funds from the Live Más Scholarship are to be used for qualified education expenses. This includes tuition, required fees, books, and course-specific supplies.
- Q: What year can the scholarship money be used for? I graduate in 2023.
- A: Scholarship funds will be available in the fall of 2023 and can be used to cover qualified educational expenses associated with the 2023-2024 school year and after.
- Q: Can I use the scholarship to pay for student loans?
- A: No. Live Más Scholarship are to be used for qualified education expenses. This includes tuition, required fees, books, and course-specific supplies.
FOR MINORS AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Q: I am a minor and the instruction email has not been sent to my parent or legal guardian’s email address yet.
- A: Please have your parent or legal guardian check their Spam folder within their email mailbox and/or email our scholarship management company at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to mention you are applying for the Taco Bell Foundation Live Más Scholarship.
- Q: What happens if I win and I’m still in high school?
- A: If awarded a Live Más Scholarship while still in high school, a recipient may have their funds deferred up to one year.
- Q: I’m having technical difficulties with the application. Who do I contact?
- A: Email our scholarship management company at email@example.com or click the Help button on the application page. Be sure to mention you are applying to the Taco Bell Foundation Live Más Scholarship for Restaurant Employees.
- Q: Who do I contact for eligibility questions?
- A: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.