All applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be considered eligible for the 2020 Live Más Scholarship Program:
- Applicant is a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) who is at least 16 years of age and no older than 24 years of age, located in the United States or D.C.
- If an applicant is a minor in his/her/their state of residence they must receive parental consent from his/her/their parent/legal guardian to apply.
- Applicant must be on-track to apply for or enrolled in an accredited post-high school/post-secondary educational program (including accredited two-and four-year colleges, universities, vocational-technical and trade schools).
- Employees of Taco Bell Foundation, Inc., Taco Bell of America, LLC, Taco Bell Corp. and its parent, subsidiaries of its parent, franchisees, licensees, and the advertising and promotion agencies involved with this Program are not eligible to apply or receive a scholarship through this version of the program.
- Taco Bell restaurant employees can apply to the Live Más Scholarship for Restaurant Employees Program.
- Has not previously received a Live Más Scholarship.
- Prior Live Más Scholarship winners may apply to the Live Más Scholarship Renewal Program.
See Terms & Conditions for the complete eligibility requirements.
- Q: What is the Live Más Scholarship?
- A: This scholarship is for young innovators, creators and dreamers (ages 16-24) who want to share his/her/their passion and receive support to pursue this passion through a higher educational outlet. This is not needs or obstacle based; it is a passion-based scholarship program.
- Q: When does the application open?
- A: The application phase is open from 12:00:00 a.m. PST, November 6, 2019 to 5:00:00 p.m. PST, January 23, 2020.
- Q: When will recipients be notified?
- A: Recipients will be announced on or about May 15, 2020.
- Q: Does it cost money to apply?
- A: No, applications are free.
- Q: How do I apply?
- A: Submit an original video that tells us the story of your real, driving passion. It could be a short film, animation or just a simple testimonial. Your video must be a maximum of 2 minutes in length (minimum of 30 seconds in length) and must be no larger than 100 MB to ensure successful upload to the application. See the Terms & Conditions for additional Application Guidelines.
- Q: Do you accept mail-in submissions?
- A: No, you must submit your application through the “Apply” link on www.LiveMasScholarship.com when the application phase is open.
- Q: My friend and I want to create a joint video—can we apply together?
- A: No. Each applicant must submit their own application and video.
- Q: I missed the deadline; can I still apply?
- A: In order to be fair to all applicants, we do not accept applications submitted after the application deadline. Please be sure to start and submit your application early as to avoid missing the January 23, 2020 deadline.
- Q: I’m already enrolled in college. Am I still eligible to apply for the Live Más Scholarship?
- A: Yes, as long as you are within the age range of 16 to 24 and meet the additional eligibility guidelines outlined in the Terms and Conditions, you may apply. If selected, you may use the funds at your current accredited two- or four-year college, university, vocational-technical, and/or trade school.
- Q: Is this scholarship just for employees?
- A: The Live Más Scholarship is available for both Taco Bell restaurant employees and non-employees. If you are a Taco Bell restaurant employee, visit LiveMasScholarship.com/Employee for more information.
- Q: I previously won a Live Más Scholarship, can I apply again?
- A: Yes, we have a Live Más Scholarship Renewal program for our previous Live Más Scholarship recipients. However, prior awards must be used or substantially depleted (75% or more) before the 2020 Selection Period. Click here to learn more!
- Q: What types of files can I submit?
- A: Your video should be a maximum of 2 minutes (minimum of 30 seconds in length) and be formatted as an mp4, m4a, m4v, f4v, f4a, mkv, m4b, m4r, f4b, mov,3gp, 3gp2, 3g2, 3gpp, 3gpp2,ogg, oga, ogv, ogx,wmv, wma, webm, or avi. It must not exceed 100 MB to successfully upload to the application.
- Q: I completed an application, but I want to change my video. Can I resubmit?
- A: No, you will not be able to delete or edit your video after submitting your application. All video submissions are considered final.
- Q: Are there rules about what can’t go in my video?
- A: You may not include any obscenity, crude language, violence, or anything of an inappropriate or illegal nature. See Section 4 within the Terms & Conditions for additional Application Guidelines.
- Q: Can I show other people in my video?
- A: You may not include other people in your video without permission. See Section 4J within the Terms & Conditions for additional Application Guidelines.
- Q: Can I wear clothing with visible logos in the video?
- A: You may not include other logos, brands or products owned by others in your video without permission. See Section 4G within the Terms & Conditions for additional Application Guidelines.
- Q: Can I use music in my video?
- A: You may not use music that is copyrighted and owned by a third party without permission. All music must be your original work or in the public domain. See Section 4H within the Terms & Conditions for additional Application Guidelines.
USE OF SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS
- Q: What can the scholarship be used for in my education program?
- A: The funds from the Live Más Scholarship are to be used for qualified education expenses. This includes tuition, required fees, books, and course-specific supplies.
- Q: What year can the scholarship money be used for? I graduate in 2020.
- A: Scholarship funds will be disbursed in the fall of 2020.
FOR MINORS AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Q: I am a minor and the instruction email has not been sent to my parent or legal guardian’s email address yet.
- A: Please have your parent or legal guardian check their Spam folder within their email mailbox and/or email our scholarship management company at email@example.com. Be sure to mention you are applying for the Taco Bell Foundation Live Más Scholarship.
- Q: What happens if I win and I’m still in high school?
- A: If awarded a Live Más Scholarship while still in high school, a recipient may have their funds deferred until they begin their post-secondary education courses.
- Q: I’m having technical difficulties with the application. Who do I contact?
- A: Email our scholarship management company at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to mention you are applying to the Taco Bell Foundation Live Más Scholarship program.
- Q: Who do I contact for additional eligibility questions?
- A: Email us at email@example.com.