To uphold the Taco Bell Foundation mission, approved grantees must use provided funds towards programs that fulfill the following requirements:
Empowering youth (ages 14-24) to discover and pursue their career and educational pathways.
- Examples include, but are not limited to: financial literacy resources, mentorship and job skill experiences, college readiness programming, creativity and social innovation experiences, and direct financial assistance.
Allowing youth to participate in program(s) or experience(s) that are:
- Real-world, hands-on learning
- Interactive with other young adults, professors, mentors and/or career professionals
- Inspiring and fun!
All approved organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Ability to fulfill the above requirements
- 501(c)(3) IRS approved organization
- Broad base of funding support and long-term organizational strategic plan
- Dedicated staff that’s capable of executing funded experience(s) or program(s)
- Able to spend all granted funds on the approved program by end of grant term
Organizations that fall within the below criteria are not eligible for funding:
- Debt reduction, capital campaigns, endowments, annual fund appeals
- Individuals (Taco Bell Foundation scholarship recipients excluded)
- Projects/programs limited to a specific race, creed, national origin, handicap or ethnicity
- Fundraising sponsorships
- Program costs that have already concluded
- Events, venues, clubs and associations linked to a specific political party or religion
- Programs or events sponsored by competitors in a quick service restaurant category
Since the Taco Bell Foundation follows an invitation-only application process, how can my organization be invited to apply?
If you would like to be considered for a Taco Bell Foundation grant, please email TBFLocalGiving@TacoBell.com with more information about your organization and the program you are seeking funding for. If we identify an opportunity for your organization, we will reach out to you during Spring 2018 with an invitation to apply.
What is the general grant size?
Taco Bell Foundation does not have a fixed grant range. Many factors, including the proposed program, funds available and the organization making the request, determine grant amounts. Based on the previous years, grant amounts typically range from $2,500 to $100,000.
How many applications can my organization submit?
Invited organizations are permitted to submit one application per year.
When is the 2017 grant term?
The 2017 grant term for approved organizations is September 1, 2017 – August 1, 2018.
When will invited organizations be notified on the status of their application?
All invited organizations will be notified with the final decision on their application by end of August 2017. We appreciate applicant’s patience as we carefully review all requests and notify each organization.
Please email TBFLocalGiving@TacoBell.com. Your email will be answered within five business days.